Several of the older Graziadio Business Review articles have a long shelf life and are often visited by our readership. We wondered what the authors would share if the article were printed today. In the latest GBR issue, authors went back to eight of our most popular and most timely articles to give us an update. The authors explore how the economy and world events have impacted the information from their original article.
Economics and Finance:
- “The Top 10 U.S. Economic Issues to Monitor,” Darrol J. Stanley, DBA
- “The Dollar vs. the Euro,” updated by Peggy J. Crawford, PhD, Linnea B. McCord, JD, MBA, and Terry Young, PhD
- “Airline Industry Key Success Factors,” Richard M. McCabe, PhD
- “Making Mergers a Growth Strategy,” Kent Rhodes, EdD
- “Reforming Corporate America,” Larry Bumgardner, JD
- “The Employers’ Legal Obligations to Employees in the Military,” Charles P. Leo
Graziadio faculty have reviewed four interesting books in The Book Corner. Check out the reviews to see which ones got five stars.
- The New Age of Innovation: Driving Co-created Value Through Global Networks by C. K. Prahalad & M. S. Krishnan, reviewed by Jack C. Green, PhD
- Fixing the Game: Bubbles, Crashes, and What Capitalism can Learn from the NFL by Roger L. Martin, reviewed by David W. Crain, PhD
- The Essentials of Finance and Accounting for Nonfinancial Managers by Edward Fields, reviewed by Michael D. Kinsman, CPA
- The 100 Best Business Books of All Time: What They Say, Why They Matter, How They Can Help You by John Covert and Todd Sattersten, reviewed by Leo Mallette, EdD
You will also notice some additional features added to the GBR.
- First, we have included an ARCHIVE-VIDEO LIBRARY where you will find a number of lectures, conferences, panel discussions, and other Graziadio business-related videos and interviews available at no charge.
- Second, we have added more information and links to videos and transcripts from the Dean’s Executive Leadership Series with talks given by and interviews with key business leaders in a variety of major corporations. Click here for more information.
- Third, a page has been added with direct links to Graziadio programs for easy access to learn more about the Graziadio School. Click here for more information.
We hope that you will find the latest issue of the GBR as stimulating as we did.