Pepperdine University’s Center for Applied Research is hosting a free conference, “From Information Systems to Innovation Systems: Establishing the Next Generation Information Systems Department,” on Wednesday, October 12, 2011, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Pepperdine University Villa Graziadio Executive Center located at 24255 Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu, CA 9026.
The Graziadio Business Review will be on hand video taping presentations from experts from Sony, Guitar Center, County of Orange, and the Center for CIO Leadership as they explain how organizations can establish a world-class IS department and leverage IS to foster innovation. Register below or stay tuned for video coverage!
- Eric Iverson, Vice President of Information Technology, Sony Pictures
- Harvey Koeppel, Executive Director, Center for CIO Leadership
- Joel Manfredo, Chief Technology Officer, County Executive Office Information Technology, County of Orange
- Robert Fort, VP, Information Technology / Divisional CIO, Guitar Center
- Moderator: Dr. Mark Chun, Director of the Center for Applied Research & Associate Professor of Information Systems
Hear best practices and strategies for improving existing infrastructure and application portfolios, while positioning the organization for innovative opportunities. Network and socialize with industry experts in the information systems industry.
• The strategies used to propel successful IS departments to establishing an innovative environment
• Tactics for best educating and approaching technology- and business-related constituents
• Tools for managing investment allocation, project pipeline, delivery performance, and application portfolio management
• The contrasting approaches and techniques between private- versus public-sector IS executives
• Four Chief Information Officer/IS Executives sharing their strategies and experiences.
• The chance to benchmark best practices with other IS departments.
• Network with IS executives and professionals.
Registration and attendance is free and lunch and snacks are included. Click here to register.