Can’t see the above video? Click this link to watch.
In this video, John Mooney, PhD, Associate Dean of Academic Programs and Associate Professor of Information Systems, interviews Chuck Morrissey, PhD, Associate Professor of Strategy on “managing what’s next,” a theme he’s developed over his more than 50 years in management, as an entrepreneur, and as an educator.
Questions for Dr. Morrissey:
1. What is “Managing What’s Next?”
2. What are some examples of companies who have succeeded and failed at “managing what’s next”?
3. What industries are prone to mismanaging the future?
4. How do you see business education evolving in the future with the aid of technology?
5. You made some predictions for higher education in 2002. How have those stacked up against reality?
6. What are some promising emerging technologies and entrepreneurial activities that you see making an impact in the future?
Related articles in the GBR:
What You Need to Know About the Future by Linnea Bernard McCord, JD, MBA, Associate Professor of Business Law
The Future of US Capitalism by Davide Accomazzo, Adjunct Professor of Finance
Book Review: Leaders Make the Future: Ten New Leadership Skills for an Uncertain World By Bob Johansen; Reviewed by Robert M. Fulmer, PhD, GBR Editorial Review Board Member