Podcast provided by the Oomph! company.
In this interview, Dr. Andrea Scott, Professor of Marketing at the Pepperdine University Graziadio School of Business and Management, explains the importance of market research and understanding consumer behavior when conducting a branding campaign. Dr. Scott earned her PhD from the University of South Florida and an MBA from Emory University. She is currently pursuing research projects with the Jamaican Ministry of Health, including a study which considers the impact of culture on marketing communications aimed towards HIV/AIDS awareness and education.
To listen to the interview, click here.
Questions for Dr. Scott:
1. Do consumers want to have a relationship with the brands they represent?
2. What comes first in marketing: research or strategy?
3. In addition to the demographic variables that arise when conducting research, are there also “psychographic” variables?
4. What companies serve as successful models for reaching their target audiences?
5. Can a small company that conducts consumer behavior research take on an established company in the world of marketing?
This interview was originally conducted by the Oomph! company. To learn more about the Oomph! company visit: http://theoomphcompany.com/blog/.