Can’t see the above video? Click here to watch or you can read the transcript.
In this video interview, Kevin S. Groves, PhD, Assistant Professor of Organizational Theory and Management at the Graziadio School of Business and Management, discusses his research on executive development and succession planning, managerial thinking styles, social and emotional intelligence, and organizational change.
Dr. Groves’ article, “Integrating Leadership Development and Succession Planning Best Practices,” earned him a Highly Commended Award for Outstanding Paper from the Emerald Publishing Group as part of the Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence 2008.
Questions for Dr. Groves
- Why is talent management and succession planning so critical in today’s business environment?
- What is the value of workplace mentoring?
- What are the key characteristics of highly effective talent management programs?
- What is the role of emotional intelligence in leadership development?
- Can leaders be trained to be more emotionally intelligent?
- What have you learned about values-centered leadership?
Related in the GBR
Developing Strategic Leadership with “Lessons from the Best.” by Robert M. Fulmer, PhD, and Jared L. Bleak, EdD
Discovering Leadership Potential by Richard Mann, PhD, V. Seshan, PhD, and Connie James, PhD
Emotional Dynamism: A New Framework for Leveraging the Power of Emotions by Terri Egan, PhD, and Ann E. Feyerherm, PhD