In this video interview, Dave Smith, PhD, Associate Dean of the Graziadio School and Chris Thornberg, PhD, GBR Editorial Review Board Member and principal of Beacon Economics, offer a preview of what they will be discussing at the conference.
Join us at the inaugural event on Tuesday, July 28 as we provide a thought-provoking look at where the national, state, and Los Angeles economies are headed. Featured speakers include Linda A. Livingstone, PhD, Dean of the Graziadio School of Business and Management, Brad Kemp, Director of Regional Studies for Beacon Economics, and John Paglia, PhD, Associate Professor of Finance at the Graziadio School.
Visit beaconecon.com to register or for more information.
Questions for Christopher Thornberg
- Why is California different from the rest of the nation in this recession?
- Where do you see inflation and interest rates going in the next year?
- What about the banking sector? What do you see happening in both the short and long term?
- Both home sales and mortgage delinquencies are rising. Which matter more to the housing market recovery?
- How do you see the state and city budget shaping up in the next year?
- How does Los Angeles fit into the recovery in the state? Which industries will lead the way out of this downturn?
- What should viewers know about the economy today and where we’ll be a few years from now?