The Psychological Impact of Layoffs
Monday, November 30th, 2009
Can’t see the above video? Click this link to watch.
In this video interview, Ann Feyerherm, PhD, Professor of Organization and Management and Chair of the Applied Behavior Science and Organization Theory and Management Department, explores the psychological impact of losing a job and effective methods for bouncing back.
Questions for Dr. Feyerherm:
- What are the psychological and social impacts of losing a job?
- What is the survivor syndrome?
- What are the steps you should take before deciding to cut your workforce?
- What are the top 5 things managers/ business owners need to consider when making layoffs?
- What are some common mistakes managers/ business owners make when downsizing?
Related in the GBR
Downsizing with Dignity by Ann E. Feyerherm, PhD
The Strategic Downside of Downsizing by Seymour Siegel, PhD
Suddenly Unemployed? Handling Career Interruptions in An Era of Downsizing. by Wayne L Strom, PhD
The Human Realities of Corporate Downsizing by Wayne L Strom, PhD